BEHIND THE BLOGAZINE:7 Minute Travels with Irvin Fong
“ If I lived here, would I come here often? Would I take friends here? ”
Those are the two questions I ask myself when deciding on where to visit when traveling. As a result, I often miss out on “tourist traps”. Thus, planning a trip means copious research.
Lists are often no good when planning itineraries personally. Indeed, blog posts primarily fuel my desire to wander as I hear a voice and understand exactly why a place was so enchanting, and possibly not for me. So whereas I forget most of my travels involving daily checking out and tour buses to wonderful places, the gems found through blogs always bring back warm, vivid memories.
Therefore, I am adding my voice to the mix, to do my part in exciting and igniting a sense of wanderlust, along with sharing the lessons I have learned along the way. But not through lists, nor through photo galleries— there are many great individuals out there with better writing, experience, and equipment. Instead I will blend reflective writing with photos and visuals into hopefully fresh, fun, and immersive experiences.
I hope my voice will resonate with some of my readers and make this project even more worthwhile.
“Author's Favorite Haunts”
- Botanical Garden of Nantes, France
- Versailles, France
- Parc Guel, Spain
- Windandsea, California
- Maobitou "Cat Nose" Park, Taiwan
- Chumash Trail, La Jolla State Park, California
- Brossac, France
- World of Color, Disney California Adventure
- Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Disneyland California
- Seine, Paris
- Walked underwater and fed fish with a air-fed helmet in Pattaya, Thailand
- Relaxed in Japanese hot springs in my birthday suit
- Dehydrated the instant I left the van for the crystal blue waters of Kenting Park, Taiwan
- Climbed 366 steps up the Bell tower in Bruges with Bruges Bear
- Walked from Les Gobellins to the Eiffel Tower because I could see it to enjoy the light show
- Played pétanc and learned proper English in South West France
- Learned the Japanese have the best illustrated signs